January 13, 2005

Poems.

Wandering (Jeremy Dahlen 2005)

My mind wanders all day,
stopping here and there to think.

My eyes wander here and there,
stopping only to blink.

My heart wanders all around,
pausing when it sees,

Someone there who stops for it,
and listens to it's pleas.



Let's See (Jeremy Dahlen, 2005)

I look up to see,
something vast.

I never can tell the height, or depth,
Of the sky.

I can see the clouds that roam,
I can see the dust that blows.

I can see the floating bird,
or the diving hawk.

I can only see so much,
And I think I'm missing
more than I'm seeing.



Question (Jeremy Dahlen, 2005)

If I stop and wonder what I do,
I find myself just mad.

If I never stop and never think,
I always wish I had.

If I stop a little,
And think a little,
It would all be good.

But I wonder if I'll ever do,
All I know I should.



Books (Jeremy Dahlen, 2005)

It's sometimes vague and sometimes not,
for poetry is fickle,

When writing rhymes or you're forced to rhyme,
You must use words like "pickle".

So I don't know if I don't prefer,
A song or letter rhymless,

For rhymless works of art and word,
are sometimes viewed as timeless.

But writing is rarely good or bad,
it's somewhere in between,

And people whine and people gripe,
And sometimes school kids scream:

"I have to write a paper!"
"I have to write a book!"
"I have to go to class now!"
"My prof gave me 'the look!'"

But writer's young and writer's old,
don't think of that as bad,

For words and books and poems,
Lent you thoughts you never had.

1 comment:

Chris Dugan said...

I enjoy your poetry.