May 25, 2005

A Poem: Let me Hear

Song and Poems
Travel close.
Sometimes I can reach them,
And sometimes I can't get away from them.

My heart is chased
My thoughts are scattered
My head is full
My heart has room,

For Songs and Poems
That fill the space
The void inside
That needs clarity, creative construction

So I can explain to me,
And them,
And all,
What is going on and why

Songs and Poems meet me and
Sing
Listen
Let me in on things I might have missed

A song is a rhythm of my heart,
A poem is an expression of my soul,
Let them sing
Let them read

And then I will understand
And Wait,
Wait,
And then I will be complete.

Jeremy Dahlen 2005

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting again. I've missed it!

Anonymous said...

Good poem Jer, I like reading about what goes though your thoughts, keep writing.

Anonymous said...

I wub you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, cuddly canine, I like dogs. We should get together.