April 28, 2006

Jargon at a Christian Bookstore

***This actually happened many many months ago... I just haven't thought about it for a long time.***

"So I'm at Northwestern Bookstore, buying some books for my trip (to CA). I hear (from across the store) this man talking loudly to the cashier about a singer whose music he really enjoyed.
"I don't know if you are into music, but this guys is the best singer! He is incredible! He has supernatural talent!" I chuckled to myself... why is it that people in Christian stores feel the need to use "spiritual" puns? Oh well. But it gets better.

I'm waiting in line to check out, and this guy two people in front of me picks up this CD that is sitting on the counter. "WHOA!" he shouts, "This CD is so cheap! It's sinfully cheap!" I almost burst out laughing and had to look down... he didn't even laugh - he was serious! Oh, but yet it gets better!

After that guy left the next lady walks up to my cousin Nikki and gives her the books (or whatever she was buying.) Nik told her the total and there were some odd cents. The lady digs in her purse, pulls out some loose change and says, "I've got the 81 cents! It's a divine appointment!" She was serious too! These people! AGH! I got into my car and burst out laughing... only to be followed by the new cashier who never handed me back my check card."

1 comment:

Nikki said...

hehehe, I don't remember that incident, but that's funny. If you need more stories, I've got a'plenty to share... :)

Who was the new clerk? I'm sorry about the check card incident!