December 04, 2006



It's that time of the year - the time when the cold, whipping wind chaps your lips and gives you that oh-so-crusty look. Personally I have at least 4 different tubes of Chapstick (xtra moisture) at various places. One in my room, one in the kitchen, one in my backpack, and a few in the car (there's something cool about putting frozen Chapstick on... Seriously, try it.) I was sitting in class today and thinking about Chapstick. I looked over to see a fellow student smothering his lips with Chapstick... I mean, this kid was serious about the moisture meter too, because he did like 12 layers. He was thorough. A few minutes later I noticed another student across from me. She pulled out her Chapstick and kept it in the lap-area while de-lidding it. Then (as if she were on a secret mission) she thrust her arms up from behind the desk and quickly applied several layers to her lips. Then she returned the tube to her lap, and right before she snapped the cap on, she pulled it out for two more layers! She was a sneaky one...

So how do you apply YOUR Chapstick? Laps or Shuttle Runs? (Laps means you keep the Chapstick on your lips as you go several times around your mouth while keeping tube-to-lip contact. Shuttle Runs means you go back and forth several times on the either the top or bottom lip and then switching.)

I definitely am a Shuttle Runner. What about you?

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm a shuttle-runner, for sure.

Laps seems a bit risky. It seems that doing it that way could inadvertantly cause some chapstick to end up on the outside corners of my mouth, leading to even worse chappage.