April 30, 2007

A Letter...From My Heart...


Dear Professor Ligocki,

Well, it has been an interesting semester, to say the least. I wanted to drop you this letter to express my deep thanks for the way you made Ancient Philosophy just BURST alive for me. The way you talked about Empedocles made me want to leap into the air, grasp my hands to my heart and fall romantically into a pile of soft pillows.

When I think back on the semester, I smile. I remember on the third day of class when I was seriously freaking out... and I came to you after class to get help. I remember our conversation went something like this:

"I am really worried about the tests in this class since I'm not really understanding the book.."

"Oh I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Umm... well, I'm not really understanding the readings... are the tests on the readings only?"

"....yes."

"......................"

".............................."

"..........I'm just still not understanding what's going on.."

"Make it a great day."

Yeah, that was SOOOOOO helpful when you said, "Make it a great day" and then left. After that my day was so incredibly GREAT! And my attitude toward your class was awesome... and after that my grades really soared.

So, in closing I'd like to thank you for a great semester. I look forward to NEVER EVER taking another class with you for the rest of my life.

Oh, and make it a great day.

Jeremy S Dahlen

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Dear Mr. Ligocki, I would like to thank you for canceling the essay portion of the final and giving Jeremy and his Kid classmates (especially Coughing Kid) six of the answers to the final exam. That helped on his quest to pass your class. I also thank you for providing me and my family ample opportunities to marvel at the wonders of buying books that are totally incomprehensible and thus remain unread.

-Mindy

PS - Make it a great day.

Linda said...

I had a bad case of Empedocles once. Got it from an infected mosquito. I killed the mosquito with one of Professor L's unreadable books so no one else would get infected.

Make it a good day.

Unknown said...

Nice. :) If you ever take a class with Mr. Shaka-laka-farashaka (which you shouldn't) he definitely deserves a letter like this one.

Mindy said...

I agree! I had Sys Theo III with him in a summer class, and he mispronounces all kinds of four, five, and six syllable words. By the time I got pneumatology figure out, I had already missed three others. I was so lost.

But he gave everybody A's, maybe to make up for the fact that we were all at an equal disadvantage due to his accent.