April 11, 2007

That Kid: Part III Addendum

Instead of writing another paper like I should be doing, I decided to put an addendum onto my last That Kid posting.

That Kid Part III: "End of the Semester Kid"

End of the Semester Kid only comes out the last few weeks of the semester. It is the kid who has been in your class for the whole semester and you had no idea. Suddenly you see EOTSK leaving class a little early or coming in a little late you say to yourself, "Who the heck is that?" The reason you act so surprised is because you have never EVER seen that kid in your life, and yet he or she has been in the class with you for the entire semester. It's even extra surprising when that kid takes his seat - only three seats over from yours. How could you have missed them??

Sometimes End of the Semester Kid is in more than one of your classes. In one class you talk quite a bit with them, and yet in the other class you don't know they exist. Hopefully they don't think you are shafting them on purpose, because you aren't... you simply haven't noticed that they sit right next to you... shoot.

As I near the end of this semester, I'm noticing quite a few EOTSKs walking around. In fact, it's a little aggravating because it reminds me of high school. On the day of graduation I walked up to several people whom I had never seen before. We looked at each other, pointed, and said in unison, "You go here??" Then we stared at each other, not knowing what to say... so we just congratulated each other, tossed our tassels to the side, and walked away.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

How about InvisiKid, the kid you didn't know was in classes with you until long after they had ended, and they make some reference to you about a professor or an assignment, and you're like, "How do you even know about that?" and then they tell you they sat in the row behind you all semester. Oops.

Jeremy said...

Haha, that is so true! Ahh, InvisiKid... how I wish I could see you.